There is little in life that I love more than giving presents. It is so much fun to shop for someone you love, and then to wrap it up and write them a little note and hand it over, feeling both sheepish and excited. It’s also exciting to know people who have produced truly excellent things this year, and to help them find good homes. So! Emma’s Super Awesome Gift Guide, below.
1. MONDAYS handmade ceramics: Because those plates from Ikea really aren’t good enough anymore.
2. The Ideal Bookshelf by Jane Mount and Thessaly LaForce: Because it’s a lot easier than breaking into Michael Chabon’s house to see what’s on his nightstand.
3. Unusual Creatures by Michael Hearst: Because you know an 8-12 yr old boy and have no idea what to buy him, but do know that he would be super into reading about wombat poop.
4. Arc of LA’s hand-printed bags: Because it’s embarrassing to still keep your makeup in a ziploc baggie under your sink. (I am talking about myself here. I bought myself one of these yesterday and am NEVER LOOKING BACK.)
5. Field Guide Design’s Necklace with Healing Powers: Because it looks cute and is keeping my aura calm, or something.
7. Ban.do’s Bobbi Pin with Crystals: Because everything is more fun when you have this on.
8. Shake Shack Bucks: Because maybe they, like me, always want a hamburger.
9. A Satin Eye Mask Shaped Like a Cat: Because naps are important.